My family are not big fans of fish unless we are talking sushi. But this dish gets double thumbs up and asking for seconds. It’s super simple and doesn’t take long to put together if your short on time. Salmon has always been my favorite fish, I just love the tender flaky texture of a perfect cooked salmon. Bonus points for is being super healthy and rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Fun fact unlike most other fats, omega-3 fats are considered “essential,” meaning you must get them from your diet since your body can’t create them.
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
- Melt the brown sugar, honey and butter in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Let cool.
- Preheat oven 450°. Place salmon on a cookie sheet. Brush salmon with a generous amount of glaze mixture. Cook on middle rack for 12-15 mins.